What is CSIR?
Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) is known for its rich Research & Development base in diversified areas. It is one of the pioneer in this field with several National laboratories, Research centres with several scientists and technical personnel.
It covers wide spectrum of science & technologies viz space physics, oceanography, geophysics, chemicals, drugs, genomics, biotechnology and nanotechnology to mining, aeronautics, instrumentation etc. It is one of the pioneer in several scientific movements in our country viz –Intellectual Property Movement.
It is among top 100 global institution list and it is said to lead our country is 1st position. You should know brief details of CSIR as it helps in Interview.It also motivates you while preparing for the exams.
What is NGRI – National Geo physical Research Institute?
It is a Geo scientific research institute with modern research infrastructure, and specialised in Geochemistry, seismology, hydrochemistry and several other related areas of Geo physical stream. The institute is headed by several eminent professionals from the field of research & development and also renowned scientists in the field of Geo physics.
Anybody interested in the field of research and development in Geo physics and other stream would consider it an welcome opportunity to take up project work in the institute. Though the opening is for a temporary period but working in the any project in such esteemed institute will provide ample scope of learning and developing good command over the area of specialization. It will also provide ample of opportunity in near to excel in the field of work.
CSIR-NGRI recruitment details
CSIR, has come up with a notification inviting application for temporary period for several projects viz in-house projects, sponsored projects, Grant- in-Aid etc. There are all together 35 projects and they have stipulated different qualification & requirements for each of the projects. Details as given below :
Project Assitant III
7 post (with Master degree in required fields as per the vacancy and score not less than 55% .In certain posts work experience of minimum 2 years is also required). The duration of each project is different and varies from project to project.Further,duration of some of the project is not yet given in the portal.
Project Assistant II
23 post (with Master degree mostly in Geology and Geophysics and percentage should not be less than 55%).In some of the position there is requirement of experience of either two years or three years.
Project Assistant I
3 post (with B.sc in computer science with score not less than 55%marks).Futher candidate must have adequate knowledge in Ms office. Requirement of experience varies from post to post as per the job profile.
One vacancy, with requirement of Ph.d in Geophysics and knowledge of GPS processing.
One vacancy, qualification required is B.sc with not less than 55%marks and candidate must possess knowledge and experience of Ms.word.Candidate is expected to write secretarial and technical books in development of science and technology.
These details of vacancies are mentioned in summarized way for further clarification you may refer to the official portal.
Apart from the above given qualification, there is another mandatory criterion that the candidate must by Indian Nationals only. Candidate fulfilling the given criteria (nationality, qualification, experience etc) and those who comply with the following additional terms & conditions will be called for interview.
CSIR NGRI exam key points
- Age Relaxation: 5 years of age relaxation is given in case of SC/ST/OBC /PWD and women candidates.
- Registration: Candidates appearing for interview against the above mentioned posts were required to get themselves registered on line through the official website http://www.ngri.org.in/. The online registration was available from 11.00AM on 04.04.2017 till 18.00PM on 09.04.2017. Candidates having required qualification may apply for multiple posts, based on their preference.
- In case if the number of candidates who applied for the post are high, then the body may introduce some more than screening process viz – written tests, screening based on qualification .Thus candidates are advised to prepare for the vacancy accordingly. Further It is mentioned that candidates to arrange their own itinerary in such a way that they should able to attend interview if the same is scheduled on the immediate next day.
- Candidates short listed for the interview, must be carry with them one complete set of all the documents related to educational qualification, experience, age , passport size photo etc along with originals. Candidates to take serious note of the matter and ensure that they enter all the details correctly in line with the original documents. Any variation / difference will invite unnecessary hassle and trouble.
- The number and level of positions may vary at the time of actual selection. Candidates must note that such vacancies are announced for temporary period for a particular span of time for a particular project. No Travel allowance & diem allowance will be paid to candidates attending interview
The institute has specified different age limit for each of the different posts:
|2||Project Assistance level I||28|
|3||Project Assistance level II||30|
|4||Project Assistance level III||35|
Note :Age relaxation of 5 years for specified candidates is applicable.Further the age limit is as on the date of interview. In case if the date of interview is 10.10.2017 , if a candidate applying for research associate and belongs to general category and attains age of 36 as on 09.10.2017, he/she will not be eligible for the post( even though he/she was eligible agewise as on the date of notification). Adequate care should be taken regarding this matter.
The institute provides stipend to the selected candidates as per the post and the details as follows:
|2||Project Assistance -I||15,000|
This opportunity is apt for all those candidates looking for rich experience and knowledge in the field of science and technology. The projects are for shorter duration but it is surely going to be platform for better learning, personality development and will provide promising exposure to candidates willing to build their career in the domain of research and development.
CSIR NGRI recommended book
You can use below book for preparation of CSIR NGRI exam details shared above.There are not enough book in market on this exam. Also the course books provide much more coverage and knowledge required for the exams. But if you want any exam oriented book then you can use below one.
Wish you a happy learning!.