Brief About ITI Limited
The company is one of the premier Public sector undertaking and one of the pioneer in Telecom industry.It provide wide range of telecom services.Today it has got 6 manufacturing facilities, which manufactures wide range of transmissions, switch and equipment.
It produces GSM mobile equipment, SIM cards. The company has over 7000 employees. The present opportunity is one of the best opportunity for freshers to begin their Career.
Grade Pay for the Post
The selected candidates will be initially posted as a trainee for period of 2 years and during that period the aggregate pay will be Rs.15000/- for the 1st year of service and Rs.16000/- for the 2nd year of service.
After completion of 2 years of service they will be placed in grade pay 2 with basic starting at Rs. 8600 and that will continue till Rs.14600/-, in that case aggregate salary will be Rs.32000/- ( including Basic+HRA+DA) plus perks as applicable as per rule of the company.This pay scale will continue for period of 3 years.
Education Eligibility criteria
Graduation in Engineering with specialisation in Electronics or Electronics & communication or Mechanical or Civil or electrical with minimum score of 65% in aggregate for General and OBC candidates whereas 2% of relaxation in percentage of score is given to SC/ST/PWD candidates. In that case minimum cut off marks for such candidates will be 63%.
In case if any of the candidate possess valid GATE score, such candidates will be given preference.
Other perks/benefits :
- Candidates will be given Statutory benefits like Gratuity, PF
- Medical facility
- Conveyance charges as per the guideline of the company
- Magazine, journal allowance
- Casual leave of 12 days and earned leave of 30 days
- Canteen subsidy
- Group Insurance coverage
Age Eligibility Criteria
Maximum age limit is 28 years ,as on 12.04.2017 i.e the date of advertisement ,however relaxation of 5 years will be given to SC/ST/PWD/ Ex servicemen and 3 years of relaxation will be given to OBC non creamy layer candidates.
For Assistant Executive Engineers Trainees of electronics and electronics & communication the number of vacancy is 26 posts ,for candidates from electrical stream will be 6 posts whereas for candidates from mechanical & civil stream the no. of vacancy will be 4 & 2 respectively.
There are different experience criteria for different posts.
For electronics , electronics & communication the desired knowledge of microwave, optical satellite , networking ,LAN ,WAN,devices,circuit, GPON
For candidates from Electrical background , experience of electrical drawing,planning of projects,erection and maintenance, checks on machinery parts etc is expected
For candidates from mechanical background, experience of CNC CAM,CNC -CAD-CAM, experience of operations of CNC machines etc.Candidates with experience of CNC CAM Programming package and certificate and diploma in industry safety, engineering will be added advantage.
For candidates from civil engineer background it is desirable they possess certificate/diploma in Environment Engineering.
Other Conditions to be considered before applying for the post
Only candidates belonging to Indian nationality can apply.Candidates seeking relaxation under any of the one parameter must produce necessary documentary evidence.
For OBC candidates, they must produce documentary evidence that they don’t belong to creamy layer from competent authority as per the format given by Government of India.
Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD and if they are from outstation will be reimbursed to and fro 2nd class tickets through the shortest route
Existing employee of the company, if found eligible may also apply for the post.
Selected candidates will be required to clear medical examination prior to appointment, the medical examination criteria will be decided by the concerned authority.
Other important points to be ensured
Candidates presently working in any organisation must produce work experience certificate.In case if the candidates are working in Public Sector Undertaking/Government bodies/Quasi Government bodies then they shall be required to produce No objection certificate from their existing employer at the time of interview.
I would recommend below books for ITI assistant engineer post. The books are for GATE exams. The level will be similar to GATE exams only.
Tips for successful performance in the selection process
- Focus on the desired skills as described in the notification
- Try to brush up basic skills & ideas
- The company will be testing the knowledge of basic skills and ideas so try to develop strong knowledge of fundamentals.
- For candidates with work experience please be updated with your job contour for the purpose of interview
- Also go through the website and key facts and figures of the company for interview purpose so that the panel member will get an impression about your interest in their company
- For the purpose of preparation,there are many books available for respective domains of engineering for the purpose of competitive exams,also many question papers of reputed institutes are available online, it will help for brushing up domain knowledge in lesser time,online quizzes are also available .
- Here i would once advise that group study will be fruitful for fast and sound preparation,as by studying in a group you can revise multiple topics in a least possible time and also it is proved by several research study that people can retain things more if they hear a certain thing, rather than what they read.Team work will also a good process of motivating one another for better performance.
- Be confident, vocal at the same time be humble during the interview process.
- Do not bluff or try to misguide/mislead the panel members
- Accept what you know and confess what you don’t know
- Don’t exaggerate facts and figures
- Just go through your profile and Resume and try to make out possible questions that may be asked based on your resume.
- Remember,Interview question can be predicted,based on the direction you show to the panel,subsequent questions depends on what you answer at first.
- Don t use negative words, viz’but’,’deny’ etc try to use positive words.
- Be particular about dress code but wear what makes you feel comfortable.
- Be punctual and organized on the day of interview.
All the very best and wish you success!. In case if you have any query please feel free to post your query.I shall try to reply at the earliest.