KPTCL Recruitment details
This is post about KPTCL recruitment notification in year 2015. For 2016 year notificatin and details read this post.
Karnataka power transmission corporation limited in short KPTCL is conducting recruitment for posts of Assistant Engineer,Assistant Accounts officers and Junior engineer.The vacancies are generally for the posts of
- Assistant Engineer (Electrical)
- Assistant Engineer (Civil)
- Assistant Accounts Officer
- Junior Engineer (Electrical)
The vacancies are good for Electrical posts.The vacancies are generally in range of approx 300 to 400 for both Assistant Engineer and Junior Engineer.The Assistant Engineer vacancies are less then Junior Engineer vacancies.But nonetheless good amount of posts encourage candidates to appear for this exam.
For other posts vacancies are less so competition will be high compared to that of Electrical posts.But you can apply for other posts as well.The pay package is good and at par with leading Government Organizations.Also the posting will be in Karnataka state only.
These factors do make KPTCL a very exciting career option for students with technical degree and others alike.
KPTCL Assistant & Junior Engineer Video
KPTCL recruitment eligibility criteria
The posts mentioned above have different age and education eligibility criteria.
- Assistant Engineer (Electrical) – Candidates should be BE or AMIE (India) in Electrical or Electrical and Electronics.
- Assistant Engineer (Civil) – Candidates should be BE or AMIE (India) in Civil.
- Assistant Accounts Officer – Total number of posts – You should be either MCom or MBA in Finance or pass ICWA CA exams for this post
- Junior Engineer (Electrical) – Total number of posts – Diploma in Electrical Engineering from Polytechnic institute belonging to Karnataka state
If you are in final semester and your results are not declared as per the date mentioned in the advertisement you should not apply for this post.You should have the needed educational qualification as of the date mentioned in the advertisement.Also you should have 60% marks in all semesters (General candidates).For SC and ST candidates pass marks is required.The percentage of marks requirement is same for all the posts.
The minimum and maximum age requirement for General candidates is 18 years and 35 years.For SC and ST candidates the maximum age limit is 40 years.
KPTCL written test format
The selection process consists of online written test only.Candidates will be based on merit list of Online Aptitude test.The online test will be of two hours duration.Total marks will be 100.There will be 100 questions each of one marks.Negative marking will also be there.The question paper will be in English only.The Aptitude test format and syllabus is outlined below
- Assistant Engineer (Electrical) – VTU syllabus of Electrical/Electrical & Electronics.75 marks will be from these topics.25 marks will be from General Awareness and Aptitude
- Assistant Engineer (Civil) – VTU syllabus of Civil Engineering.75 marks will be from these topics.25 marks will be from General Awareness and Aptitude
- Assistant Accounts Officer – MCom Bangalore university syllabus.75 marks will be from these topics.25 marks will be from General Awareness and Aptitude
- Junior Engineer (Electrical) – Diploma syllabus of Electrical (Department of technical education,GoK).75 marks will be from these topics.25 marks will be from General Awareness and Aptitude
As per the advertisement 75% of questions will be from professional knowledge.Rest 25% will be from General Awareness and Aptitude.So to clear the exam performance in Technical questions is very important.SO you need to go through the syllabus as mentioned above and focus on the professional knowledge.Since there is no interview after the written test the candidates performing well in written test will get the job.
To prepare for the technical section you can refer the previous year question paper of GATE or IES.These two exams will provide you some insight to type of question being asked.For Aptitude section you can download the sample paper from below link.All the questions are fully solved.Also you can install the mobile apps from Google play.That will help you prepare well for the exams.
KPTCL exam book
You can buy below books for KPTCL exam preparation.Many candidates have asked me in comment section to recommend book for KPTCL exam.
Assistant Engineer (Electrical)
Junior Engineer (Electrical)
Junior and Assistant Engineer (Civil)
Assistant Accounts Officer
The written test date is not yet declared.You should fill application form with care. KPTCL will not change the correspondence details you have mentioned in the form.It will send all the communication in that address or email ir only.So it is very important to validate the details more than once before submitting.You should not change your mobile number or email id during recruitment process.
You should have proper document to avail reservation benefits.You should have the documents by last date of submission of application.Government Employees will have to bring No objection certificate during document verification.
Feel free to share your thoughts or questions using comment form below.Consider sharing the post in case you found it useful.