NICL AO exam details
National Insurance Company Limited has come up with a notification for recruitment of 205 Administrative Officer (Scale I). Application is accepted in online mode only .This is a Central Government Job.Important dates related to the exams are as under:
- Start date of online 30.03.2017
- Last date for online application 20.04.2017
- Aspirants can make payment of relevant fees from 30.03.2017 to 20.04.2017
The examination and selection procedure is divided into three phase and each phase is an elimination phase. The Phases are as under:
- Preliminary Test ( Tentative date of exam ) – 3rd/ 4th June 2017
- Mains ( Phase II)-2nd Jul
It is important to note that Candidates can download call letters 10 days before the date of examination. So keep this fact in mind.If you miss downloading call letter you can not appear for exam.There is no other alternative.
NICL AO Exam Eligibility Criteria
Educational Qualification :
Candidate is expected to possess following qualification as on 20.04.2017.Candidate must be a graduate or Post graduate from university approved by UGC /AICTE with minimum percentage of 60% as on 20.04.2017 i.e any body securing the requisite qualification on 21.04.2017 will not be eligible.There is relaxation of 5% marks for SC/ST candidates i.e, for such candidates the minimum percentage is 55%.
If any university or institute has practice of rewarding marks in CGPA format,such marks is to be converted into percentage format as per the guideline of the university or institute.
Age Limit :
The upper and lower age limit is 21 years and 30 years respectively as on 01.03.2017, if any one attains 21 years after 01.03.2017 he or she will not be eligible.However upper age limit for reserved category candidates,Person with disability,existing employees of government sector insurance companies is relaxed.
NICL AO exam pattern
Preliminary Examination consisting of Objective Tests for 100 marks will be conducted online. This test would be of 60 minutes duration consisting of 3 sections as follows:
Candidates have to qualify in each test by securing passing marks to be decided by the Company. Candidates qualifying in the preliminary exam will be shortlisted by the company for the mains( based on their judgement)
Main Examination will consist of Objective Tests for 200 marks and Descriptive Test for 30 Marks. Both the Objective and Descriptive Tests will be online. Candidates will have to answer Descriptive Test by typing on the computer.
Objective test will comprise of 5 sections of total 200 marks and descriptive will comprise of 30 marks question for 30 minutes. 5 sections are – Reasoning, English, General Awareness, Computer Knowledge and Quantitative Aptitude of 40 marks each.
Descriptive Question pertains to English of 30 Marks ( mainly Essays, Precis and comprehension) .Each candidate will be required to obtain a minimum score for each section of objective test separately for getting short listed for the Descriptive Test.
Descriptive answer script would be considered only in respect of those candidates who qualify the objective test. There will also be a separate cut-off marks for the Descriptive Test. Each candidate will be required to obtain a minimum total score (as decided by the company )in the objective test(Main Examination) and qualify in the descriptive test for short listing for the Interview.
A candidate shall be required to qualify in the descriptive test, but the marks in the descriptive test will not be counted towards short listing for interview or final selection. Penalty for Wrong Answers (Applicable to both – Preliminary and Main Examination)
There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests. Each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one fourth of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score. If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate; there will be no penalty for that question.
Candidates will be shortlisted for Interview on the basis of overall marks scored in Main Examination after evaluation as above.
NICL AO Exam tips for good marks
- First scan through the syllabus thoroughly.
- Identify your strong and weak sections
- Initially take time and practice your weak sections
- Try to complete each sections, completely (focusing on each and every chapters).
- Once you complete chapter wise practice , now you start solving previous year questions( as you have gained command in solving question from different chapters)
- Now, in LEVEL 3 solve MOCK test, online test as much as possible, this will help you to manage time, accuracy level and also you can develop better understanding of each sections.
- For General Awareness section the mantra is you should learn new things on daily basis , for more understanding please go through how to crack General Awareness in the given link
NICL AO exam section wise tips
- This section is highly scoring as because if you can crack the gist of the question, you can solve all the questions associated with it.
- The main questions are asked from – venn diagrams, Number series, coding and de-coding, Problem Solving, Statement & Conclusion type questions, Comprehension Reasoning, Seating Arrangements.
- Practice more and more, develop a basic idea of each of the above mentioned question pattern viz- Idea of intersection,union ( venn diagrams), idea of directions, for coding & decoding practice by writing the relations .
- Do not waste prolonged time for solving a particular question, success in competitive exam depends on the management skills- how well you balance between time and accuracy .
- If you find the section to be tough spend least possible time just required to score the minimum cut off marks and switch to other section.
- Try to leverage your effort in other sections, if you are not happy with the section.
- Try to scan through the questions quickly and segregate them in easy, medium level difficulty and time consuming and complex questions.
- At first focus on easy questions and solve them at the earliest
- Medium level questions are bit time consuming , try to solve then with high level of accuracy , don’t make wild guess.
- For complex questions, you may leave them initially and attempt them after you have completed other sections.
- English has got significant weight age in the exam as it is important for both the preliminary level and main level exam.
- Please go through the article –How to Crack English in the link given
- I would advise you to develop good reading habit, as you need to go through Comprehensions at least possible time and solve the questions.
- You have to overcome fear of English , by improving your proficiency on day to day basis.
- This is one section, which is less time consuming and highly scoring, if you practice and prepare well.
- Don’t give up, practice more and more by solving past years papers, Mock test, generally the pattern of questions remains similar over the years.
- Practice each of the chapters individually at first
- Solve previous year question papers
- Take tests online for better speed management
- Try to solve questions keeping Stop watch beside you and try to solve each questions in a minute.
- Try to use surplus time of English/ General Awareness in this section.
- Try to focus more on data interpretation and simplification, its more gain, less pain type of questions.
- Practice to calculate fast. Remember Square, Square Root, Cube, Important Formulae to Answer quickly.
- Present AO exams mostly questions of General Awareness are asked from Current Affairs.
- Focus mainly on current affairs related to Insurance Sector, Economics Sector.
- Current affairs of National & International news, Important dates, Current Science, Technology, Sports are topics from which questions mainly given.
- Develop your Current Affair skills by reading newspapers, now getting yourselves updated is much more easier with umpteen number of Apps available to help you with latest news.
- Discuss among friends new issue, important topic.
- Answer questions only when you are fully confident, avoid negative marking.
- For better performance in computer literacy section solve previous year questions
- Learn latest jargon
- The questions of this section do not require high level of proficiency
- Only basic idea of computer related terms will help you to score high marks.
- Try to solve more and more questions.
Final Mantra to Crack the Exam
Develop a disciplined and sincere practice method– Try to do value addition each and every day. You should have evenly spread preparation rather than concentrated one. You have to focus on each section and that also on daily basis. It is not that you prepare for 10 hours for 2 days and do not prepare rest of the day.
Stay Calm : You have stay calm, composed and positive during your process of preparation, focus on your ultimate goal, no exam is tough until you focus with hard work and dedication.
Chalk out plan : Chalk out plan on weekly basis ( with day wise break up) , set a realist target which you can achieve, once you see that you are successfully achieving each days target, it will automatically boost your confidence , which will in turn manage your stress level positively .
Don’t Give Up : Maintain your temperament in Examination hall, don’t give up , if you have practiced well, you can definitely succeed in the exam. If you give up in the mid way you will end up messing up things. Try to solve questions one by one tactfully and patiently, remember each of the questions are stepping stones to success, don’t try to leap ,try to cross the barriers by putting one step at a time .
Material for preparation: For better preparation you can use material available in this website. Each and every material in this website is updated from time to time taking into consideration the question pattern of competitive exams. I have given the links above. You can click on the links to access the materials. Also in case you are interest in book then below book is recommended
AO Jobs in NICL is exciting carrier option. The Pay package is also good. The Pay scale is Rs.32,795/- to Rs.62,315/-, total Gross salary for a joinee in Metro city will be Rs.51000/- ( approximately) apart from this there are other facilities viz Medical insurance, Gratutity, Pension under New pension scheme, being a central Government Job, there is a provision for pay hike through pay commission at frequent interval.
All the very best Aspirants!
I shall share about descriptive and interview in my forthcoming article.