NICL Assistant Recruitment details
NICL (National Insurance Company limited) based in Kolkata is one of the leading Government Organization in Insurance Sector. It deals in Non life insurance segment.The company has invited application for the post of Assistant. The number of vacancy in year 2015 is 1,000.The vacancies are state wise. You can apply from one state. The number of vacancies are different for different states. You can download the number of vacancies in each state from the link given at the end of this post.
NICL Assistant Exam important dates
- The registration for the exam starts from 12th January 2015.
- The last date of registration for the exam is 31st January 2015.
- You can pay the application fees online during 12th Jan 2015 to 31st Jan 2015.
- The written test will be online.The exams will be held on month of April.
- You can download the written exam call letter 10 days before the written exams.
NICL Assistant Exam eligibility criteria
You must first check whether you are eligible for the post before applying for it.I receive lots of queries from candidates after written test or after form fill up about it.If you are not eligible you will not get the job even if you have cleared written test and interview.So it is better to check the eligibility criteria.
- Your date of birth should fall between 1st December 1986 and 30th November 1996. If you are born on these dates then also you are eligible
- You should be either Graduate or Class XII (12) pass with 60% marks.Also you should have English as a language in either Class X (10),Class XII (12) or Graduation.
- You should have knowledge of local language.For example if you are applying for West Bengal then you should have knowledge of Bengali language.
The date of birth and percentage mentioned above are for General category candidate.For non general candidates there is relaxation in age as well as percentage of marks.For ex service man ,SC/ST and person with disability the percentage of marks is 50%.
NICL Assistant Exam important tips
Sometimes candidates make small mistakes while filling up forms or during other phases of examination.These small mistakes playon their mind and they are not able to concentrate on their preparation.It also creates negative impression and sometimes your candidature gets cancelled.
- You should mention the email id which you are using previously and will be active for at least on year till the recruitment is over.The same also applies for mobile number.So be cautious while mentioning above details
- You should take print out of e receipt (payment acknowledgement receipt) and keep it with you for future reference.Also you should take print out of application form.
- Your name and father name entered in the application form should match that of mentioned in ID proof you will be carrying during written test and interview
- Only online payment of the fees are allowed
- You should have valid non creamy layer OBC certificate as of 31st Jan 2015.
NICL Assistant Recruitment written test
NICL assistant recruitment will be divided into three parts Written test,Interview and Computer proficiency test. It is worth mentioning that total marks in written test will be 250.But the total marks will be reduced to scale of 35.For example if you got 200 out of 250 then your total marks will be ( 200 / 250 * 35) = 28.Interview will carry 15 marks.So the written test and interview marks ratio is 70:30.This makes written test very important.The computer proficiency test will not have any marks but clearing this exams is mandatory.The written test will have below format
- Reasoning – Number of questions – 40 , Total marks – 50
- English language – Number of questions – 40 , Total marks – 50
- General Awareness – Number of questions – 40 , Total marks – 50
- Numeric Ability – Number of questions – 40 , Total marks – 50
- Computer Knowledge – Number of questions – 40 , Total marks – 50
The total number of questions will b 200 but the total time will be only 120 minutes.So you will have to solve more than 1 question per minute.This makes the exam tough.Computer knowledge and General Awareness are less time consuming section. So if you can concentrate on finishing these two faster then you will get more time for Reasoning and Numeric Ability.
NICL has explicitly mentioned in the advertisement about negative marks.So if you answer a question wrong then 25% negative marking will be there.It means if question is for 1 marks then you will get -.25 marks for every incorrect answer.So it is wise not to guess answer and answer the questions for which you know the answer.
NICL Assistant Recruitment sample papers
You can download the sample papers/preparation material for free using the links below
NICL Assistant Recruitment written test preparation
Candidates should focus on General Awareness and Computer knowledge more than other sections.Clearing sectional cutoff is important.But these two sections are less time consuming.You can easily score good marks in these sections within less time.Since time is very big factor in NICL exams.The number of questions are more than the time allocated.
If you can solve these two sections in less time then you can dedicate more time to other time consuming sections like Reasoning and English.Numeric ability is also a time consuming section.I have included English in time consuming section.The comprehension section may need more time from you.As many as ten marks or more are from comprehension section it also becomes very important section.
If you can score around eighty percentage of marks in comprehension section then it becomes very easy to clear sectional cutoff of English.Most of the candidates are strong in some of the sections and weak in other.The trick is to try and clear sectional cutoff in the section you are weak.I have seen people getting good marks in few of the sections but getting fail in one of the section.
If you are not clearing one of the section but have good marks in other then also you are not eligible.So your first target in these exams is to clear cut off in each section.Normally you can take 48% as sectional cut off.So after attempting questions which help you clear sectional cutoff you can focus on increasing your total marks.
The numeric ability section mainly requires faster calculation.So you should not use calculator while solving papers at home.This will help you in making calculations faster and will help you in exams.I have also included question paper in this post.You can freely download the papers for better preparation of the exams.
NICL Assistant Interview preparation
Candidates who are successful in written test are called for Interview. NICL interview can be divided into two groups based on questions asked to candidates
- HR questions based on your profile
- Insurance specific questions
HR questions are asked based on your profile.For example if you belong to particular area then they can ask you some questions on that area.So before interview you should read about your area in details.I have seen many candidates face this type of question.Apart from area based question other important question is based on your education background and other family details.
For HR questions you can read my posts on IBPS.The questions are similar in nature.Apart from HR questions they can ask you Insurance related questions and NICL related questions.Since you are applying for Insurance company you should be aware of basics.
I have compiled some common questions about NICL and other insurance questions.You can read through the document.These are included in exam preparation material ink shared above.Also you can try Insurance online test for Insurance section preparation.The online Insurance test will also help in Insurance interview.
NICL Assistant book
Few students have contacted me about NICL Assistant book.Though materials on this website is more than enough for exam preparation and cracking.But some students do like to have a look as well.Book help them study while being offline.So if you want a book then you can buy below one.
In case you have any query you can post it here.Also you can download the papers using the links shared above.You can solve the papers before actual exams.That will help you immensely during the exams.All the best for the exams.
Consider sharing the post if you found this useful.