SBI PO exam questions answers free download
SBI PO exam 2015 important details
Every year SBI conducts exams for the recruitment of Probationary Officers.PO is the first step towards great career path in SBI.Since State Bank of India is the largest bank of India it does offer excellent facilities for it’s employees.This is why SBI PO job is very popular among candidates.It is worth mentioning that other Government banks do recruitment through IBPS.But SBI conducts its own exams every year.
SBI PO exam 2015 dates
The important dates for this year SBI PO exams are
- Online Registration of Application – 13th Apr to 2nd May
- Payment of Fees – 13th Apr to 2nd May
- Date of written test – in month of June
The fees should be paid online.
SBI PO exam 2015 eligibility criteria
The eligibility criteria of SBI PO is simple.You ned to be Graduate or equivalent on or before 1st September 2015.If your pass date is after 1st Sept 2015 then you are not eligible.The date mentioned on mark sheet or provisional certificate should be on or before 1st Sept 2015.I have seen many candidates get confused by this.So in case you have any doubt about this do let me know using comment section below this post.Your date of birth should be between 2nd Feb 1985 and 1st Feb 1994.If you are born on these dates then you will be considered.
SBI PO exam 2015 important points
Many candidates make small mistakes while filling up the form.This plays in their mind and they feel nervous about it.So you should always keep below things in mind while filling up the form
- The details you mention in application form should be accurate.
- The email id and mobile number you mention in application form should be active for at least 9 months.SBI does email communication in initial stage.There will not be any postal communication
- The photograph image should be 200*230 px whereas the signature should be 140*60 px
- The photograph image size should be 50KB whereas the signature should be 20KB.I have mentioned maximum size.If you are facing any issues with this do let me know.I will tell you the steps of doing it.
- The descriptive test (we will discuss about this in detail later in this post) will be online.So you should practice typing before exams.It is very different writing with Pen on paper and typing on computer.So do have typing practice before attending the exams
SBI PO written exam format
SBI PO exam is divided into two parts Preliminary exams and Main exams.
Preliminary exam is objective exam of 1 hour duration.It consists of three sections English Language,Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability.The English language section consists of 30 questions and other two sections consists of 35 questions each.So in one hour you need to solve 100 questions.You have to clear the cut off set by banks in each of the three sections.As per the advertisement 20 times the number of vacancies will be short-listed for main exams.So as this year vacancy is close to 2,000 the number of candidates short-listed for main exams will be around 40,000.
Candidates who clear the Preliminary exams will be called for Main exams.Main exams will consist of Objective test of 200 marks and descriptive test of 50 marks.Both the tests will be online only.First you need to give objective test and after that descriptive test.The objective test will be of 2 hours.It will consist of English language,Reasoning,General Awareness and Quantitative Aptitude.
The General Awareness section will focus on knowledge of computers and Banking Awareness.So for preparation of General Awareness section you can install my free apps on Banking Awareness and Computer Knowledge.The Quantitative Aptitude section will focus more on Data Interpretation and Analytics but will have questions from other topics as well.You can download my Quantitative Aptitude app for preparation.
The descriptive test will be of 1 hour and will be of 50 marks.You will have to write letter or Essay in English language.The test will be online so it is good to have some typing practice before appearing for this exam.If you do not have decent typing speed then it will be problematic.You may not be able to write the complete stuff which will in turn impact your marks.
SBI PO written exam paper download
To help candidates prepare for exams I have created Preparation Material.The preparation material is collection of previous year questions along with model questions and question types which are important for this year SBI PO exams.Each and every question is fully solved.The solution is step by step so that candidates can understand the solution.It will help them grasp the concept behind it.
There may be chance that you have similar question in SBI PO exams.As the app has complete solution understanding the solution will help you apply the logic in SBI PO exam.You should also download the papers (download links given below).The papers will help you in preparation.You can solve the paper with time limit and see how you perform.Also in the app you can also see the time you are taking to solve a particular question.
Along with above papers you can also install free mobile apps on your Android phones or Windows phones.You can get list of all the apps from this link.The mobile apps will help you prepare well for this exam.The above preparation materials will help you prepare well for exams.
SBI PO descriptive paper preparation
SBI PO exams comprises of descriptive paper test.Descriptive testis not part of IBPS exams.So it requires special preparation from the candidates.Most candidates who appear for IBPS also appear for SBI.So your preparation for IBPS will help you in SBI exams as well.But you have to give extra time for descriptive paper.I have listed points which will help you prepare for descriptive paper
- You should increase your typing speed as the test will be online.So you should have decent speed to turn your thoughts into reality.IF you do not have typing habit so practice writing on computer then this may be very tough on you.You will have only 1 hour time to write the entire essay.
- The essay or letter needs to be written in English language.So you should start practicing Essay writing in English and read some common letter styles as well.
- SBI PO descriptive test will have a common essay topic,One topic related to current affairs and one topic related to banking.The topic you select is also important and contributes to the marks you get.But it is better to write a better essay with easy topic then write a not so good type essay with tough topic.
- You should also use bullet points and title through the essay.This makes the easy to read and understand.At a glance the examiner will understand the content of your essay and the presentation style will help you secure more marks then others.
SBI PO book
There are many books available for SBI PO.You can use preparation material on this website.The preparation material on this site if used properly is sufficient for SBI PO exams.But in case you want hard copy or book for preparation then you can buy below link.
Above I have provided details of SBI PO exams.I have also given links to resources (mobile apps) you will find useful in your preparation.Along with that I have given download links from where you can easily download the SBI PO exam sample papers.The sample papers contain previous year paper along with model questions with complete step by step solution.
The exam is about practicing different kinds of questions.The papers and apps include different variety of questions along with solution.So you need to understand the solution as well.Understanding the solution will help you answer similar questions asked in SBI PO exams.
These posts will help you as well.The format of exams are same with some differences.I have also written some planning and preparation tips there.You can follow the tips mentioned there for better preparation.Preparation is not about hard work.It is about planning smartly and executing the plan to perfection.
Candidates who plan smartly are the ones who get success in competitive exams like SBI PO.You can also share your questions using comment form below.Consider sharing this post in case you found this useful.