SBI Specialist Officer 2015 important details
SBI Specialist Officer 2015 dates
Every year SBI (State Bank of India) conducts recruitment for the posts of Specialist officers in different specializations.SBI State Bank of India is the largest bank of India and features on Fortune list of companies.Sometimes a combined recruitment notice is published for SBI bank and other associate banks of SBI.
The important dates for this year SBI specialist officer exams are
- On-line Registration of Application starts from: 08.04.15
- Last date for On-line Registration of Application : 27.04.15
- Payment of Fee On-line: 08.04.15 TO 27.04.2015
- Downloading of call letter for Online test: After 01.06.2015
- Date of Online Test : 14.06.2015
SBI Specialist Officer video
SBI Specialist Officer 2015 vacancies
This year SBI have published notification for vacancies in below posts
- Chief Medical Officer – Grade SMGS V ,Age limit 45 years.
- Chief Manager (Economist) – Grade SMGS IV ,Age limit 35 years.
- Manager (Chartered Accountant, Official language, Security, Law, Civil Engg, Electrical Engg, Fire) – Grade MMGS III ,Age limit 38 years for Chartered Accountant and for other posts 35 years.
- Assistant Manager (System, Civil Engg, Electrical Engg, Chartered Accountant) – Grade JMGS I ,Age limit 35 years for Chartered Accountant and for other posts it is 30 years.
It is very important to check the educational eligibility limit for each of the post.In case you do not fulfill the educational eligibility limit or the age limit then you should not fill up the form.SBI will not entertain your application if you do not fulfill the eligibility criteria.
SBI Specialist Officer 2015 written test format
The written test pattern is different for different posts.So before preparing for exams you should note the exam format.Knowing exam format helps you plan properly for the exams.I have reproduced the SBI specialist officer written exam format below for your reference.We can then discuss how to prepare for it.
Each professional knowledge question carries two marks whereas other topics like Test of Reasoning,Quantitative Aptitude and English or Hindi carry one marks each.So professional knowledge section is very important for candidates to rank higher in this exams.Also professional knowledge section have 45 mins time while other sections together have 90 mins time.The descriptive paper also have 45 mins time and is only for Economist post.
- Systems,CA and Engineering Officers – Test of Reasoning (50 questions),Quantitative Aptitude (35 questions),English Language (35 questions) and Professional Knowledge (50 questions)
- Law Officers – Test of Reasoning (70 questions),English Language (50 questions) and Professional Knowledge (50 questions)
- Official language Officers – Test of Reasoning (50 questions),English/Hindi Language (70 questions) and Professional Knowledge (50 questions)
- Economist – Test of Reasoning (50 questions),Quantitative Aptitude (35 questions),English Language (35 questions) and Professional Knowledge (50 questions). English Language Test:Essay on subject related to Economics one question of 50 marks and time 45 mins
You must note that section 1 which covers topics other than Professional knowledge are qualifying in nature.That is you have to secure above a minimum qualification marks.These marks will not be used for interview call list preparation.The interview call list will be determined based on marks in Professional knowledge paper.So it is more important to focus on Professional knowledge paper.But you will also have to clear all the sectional cut off in other papers.
I will discuss how to plan answering the sections so that you maximize your chances of selection in written test.The test conducted will be online in nature.The descriptive paper of Economist post will also be online.
SBI Specialist Officer Key points
Below I would like to share some key points regarding planning and preparation of SBI Specialist officer.The tips are applicable for any post you are applying for.
- Valid Email Id and Mobile Number – This may seem very basic point but is very important indeed.Make sure you give a valid email id while filling up the form.As all communication will be though email only.
- Valid Id proof and photocopy – You should carry photocopy of valid ID proof in written test.The photocopy should be submitted along with written test call letter.
- Caste Certificate – You should have caste certificate in format prescribed by Government of India.OBC candidates should not non creamy layer caste certificate should state that the candidate does not belong to creamy layer as of 1st April 2015.
- Educational Mark Sheet – This is important to avoid any cancellations during interview.If your University gives CGPA or Grades instead of marks then you should have a certificate from university which shows grade and equivalent marks.Some universities print it on back side of marksheet.
SBI Specialist Officer exam preparation
SBI Specialist Officer exam solved paper download
You can use the links given below to download SBI specialist officer exam paper along with detailed solution.The questions are collection of sample papers along with probable questions and previous year questions.As the questions are fully solved you can use it for preparation as well as revision.
SBI Specialist Officer exam mobile apps
Apart from above papers I have created mobile apps which will help you prepare for these exams with ease.You can use them any time you can.The questions are provided with detailed solution.So you do not have to worry about or search for solutions.These apps are one of the best way to prepare for competitive exams.The apps are totally free of cost as well.
You can download or install the apps on your Windows phone or Android phones.It will help you prepare for various exams not only SBI specialist officer.
SBI Specialist Officer interview preparation
After clearing the written test candidates need to appear for Interview.Interview marks are considered for preparation of merit list.Many candidates wait for written test result before preparing for interview.Many do not prepare for interview.But preparing for interview in advance helps you get the job.I have prepared detailed document about Interview preparation and questions asked.
The Interview tips and interview questions are included in Exam preparation material ink shared above.Above documents will help you in preparation of interview.They are not only helpful for SBI specialist officer interview but are helpful for any interview for that matter.You can also ask any specific questions about interview or written test using comment form below.
SBI Specialist Officer book
There are many books available in market.You can use materials on this website for preparation.These materials are sufficient for exams.But in case you want a dedicated book as requested by some students in comment section you can buy below book.
The resources shared in this post is used properly will help you crack the exam.You need to go through each of them and practice the sums and understand the step by step solution.There might be chance that you do not get the exact sum but you get the sum based on concept of it.So the solution will help you solve similar concept problems without any issues.
Both preparation material and mobile app have complete solution for all the problems.But in case you face any problem then let me know.All the best for the exams and happy preparation.