TSPSC recruitment details
TSPSC (Telangana State public service commission) has published notification for recruitment of Assistant Executive Engineer in various engineering streams.Important dates related to TSPSC assistant executive engineer exam are
- You can apply online from 20th August 2015
- Last date for submission of online application is 3rd September 2015
- The written exam date is 20th September 2015
It is not yet confirmed whether the exams will be online or offline.But you need to apply online for the posts.I have outlined the eligibility criteria for different posts below
- Assistant Executive Engineer (Civil) in rural water supply and Sanitation department or in Public health and Municipal Engineering department – BE or BTECH in Civil Engineering or Pass in section A and section B of AMIE examination conducted by Institutes of Engineers in Civil
- Assistant Executive Engineer (Civil) in R&B department or CAD department or Public health and municipal engineering department – BE or BTECH in CIvil Engineering
The minimum and maximum age limit for all the posts are 18 years and 44 years.Though it is relexable for SC/ST and BC candidates by 5 years.The age should be as on 1st July 2015.You can also contact below number or email id in case of any issues while filling application form or downloading the hall ticket (040-23120301 or 040-23120302) or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have the degree with distance education then if it is recognized by University Grants Commission or AICTE or Distance Education council you can apply for the job.Candidates belonging to BC (backward classes) will have to present non creamy layer certificate if not then they should apply as General candidate.Also preference will be given to local candidates.
TSPSC exam format
TSPSC assistant executive engineer exam will consist of two stages.The first stage is written test which may be online or offline.Successful candidates in written test will appear for interview.The merit list will be prepared based on marks in written test as well as interview.
The candidates will be called for interview in ratio of 1:2.That is twice the number of vacancies.The written test will have two papers
- General Abilities and General Studies – 150 questions of one marks each and total time is 150 minutes
- Civil Engineering (Degree level) – 150 questions of total 300 marks and total time is 150 minutes
The interview will be of 50 marks.The Civil Engineering paper will contain questions from below mentioned topics
- Building Materials and Construction
- Strength of materials and theory of structures
- RCC and steel structures
- Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulics
- Hydrology and water resources engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering
- Estimation,Costing and Construction Management
As you have seen above in written test Paper 2 has more marks than paper 1.You will have to pass / clear cutoff in paper 1 but to increase your chances of selection you should perform in paper 2.For that you should focus on above topics.These topics are mentioned as syllabus by TSPSC for all the above posts.
They have also outlined syllabus of first paper as well.First paper will focus on General Awareness and General Ability.The topics covered are General English,Logical Reasoning,Analytical Ability,Telengana state Socio economic political cultural history and other India and International Affairs.You may see more number of questions related to Telengana.
Written test paper 1 and paper 2 will be conducted on same day.Paper 1 will be from 10 AM in morning and paper 2 will be on same day from 2.30 PM.You can expect equal distribution of marks to English,Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude and other General Awareness sections.The first three will make one section and last one will make other section.
TSPSC exam preparation Material
You can download /install below resources for better preparation of this exam.Candidates can refer previous year IES exams paper for preparation as well.Though the level and complexity of exams will not be of IES standards but it is good to refer IES papers for preparation.You can expect some questions to be taken from previous year IES exams mostly the theory ones.
I am not expecting numerical to be asked from IES previous year question papers.But there will be numerical in TSPSC question paper but the level of questions will be but easier compared to that of IES.So if you are practicing with IES papers you should be good.
Above resources will help you in written test as well as interview.Apart from them if you want to refer a book for preparation then you can buy below book.The book is written exclusively for candidates preparing for Assistant Executive Engineer Civil post.
Above preparation materials should help you crack the exams.Also in case of any queries and doubts feel free to ask me.All the best for your exams.