UJVNL recruitment details
Uttarakhand Jal Vidyut Nigam Limited (UJVNL) has published recruitment notification for the posts of Assistant Engineers and Junior Engineers in different trades.UJVNL is State Government of Uttarakhand enterprise.Below are the important dates
- Start of online application – 1st July 2015
- Last date of submitting online application – 31st July 2015
- Last Date for receiving Hard Copy of Application along with self attested documents/Application Fee at Pantnagar – 10th August 2015
Different posts have different eligibility criteria.Below are list of posts along with educational and age eligibility criteria.You should only apply for the post you are eligible for.
UJVNL eligibility criteria
You should have BTECH or BE in (Electrical,Mechanical,Electronics and IT) with 55% marks for General candidates.For reserved candidates only pass marks is required instead of 55%.For candidates already working in UJVNL only 50% marks is required.Candidates having AMIE (section A and B) are also eligible to apply for Assistant Engineer posts.For General candidates the minimum and maximum age limits are 21 years and 42 years.The maximum age is relax-able for reserved candidates.
You should have Diploma in (Electrical,Mechanical,Electronics and IT) with 55% marks for General candidates.For reserved candidates only pass is required instead of 55%.For employees of UJVNL General candidates need to have 50% marks.Candidates having higher qualification or any other Engineering qualification should not apply for this post.For General candidates the minimum and maximum age limits are 21 years and 42 years.The maximum age is relax-able for reserved candidates.
UJVNL selection format
The selection format is different for Assistant Engineer post and Junior Engineer posts.
The selection process will consist of written test and interview.The written test will be of 176 marks and interview will be of 24 marks.The merit list will be prepared based on written test marks and interview marks.The written test will have two papers.Both the tests will be objective type.The first paper will have General Aptitude questions and second paper will have technical questions.
The first paper will be of 50 marks and technical paper will be of 126 marks.The written test duration will be three hours.Technical paper will have questions from stream you are applying for.The sectional cut off for General candidates is 50% in both the papers.The sectional cut off for reserved candidates is 30% in both the papers.Candidates will be called in Interview based on their written test score in ratio 1:3 that is three times the number of vacancies.
For Junior engineer there will not be any interview.The selection will be only based on written test.The written test will be of 3 hours.It will consist of two papers General Aptitude test and Technical.There will be 50 marks in General Aptitude test and 130 marks in Technical.The sectional cut off for General candidates is 50% in both the papers.The sectional cut off for reserved candidates is 30% in both the papers.
UJVNL exam paper download
You can download sample papers for General Aptitude section of UJVNL exams.Also for better preparation of UJVNL exam as well as other exams you can install and solve problems given in mobile apps.The mobile apps have all the problems fully solved which will help you in exam.
All the questions given below and more are solved step by step in mobile apps.The apps will help you in preparation of other competitive exams as well.Along with mobile apps you can also download preparation materials for free.
UJVNL exam some key points
Candidates should read below points before applying for UJVNL assistant engineer or junior engineer post.If a point is not applicable for both the posts then it is mentioned.Below list is created as per UJVNL recruitment notification for Assistant Engineer and Junior Engineer posts
- Candidates should have knowledge of Hindi language.They should be able to read,write and speak Hindi language.
- For Junior Engineer post you should have valid registration in Uttarakhand employment exchange as of application submission last date.
- Distant education or correspondence degree holders are not eligible for the post
- There will be negative marking in the exam.For every wrong answer 1/4 of the marks will be deducted.
- You should download the application form after filling it online.Then you should download and send it along with required documents (educational document,Age proof,Caste certificate) with speed post or normal post.Courier or personal submission of documents is not allowed.
- Candidates may be posted on Hydro electric projects running in Uttarkhand.You can face question related to it in Interview.Candidates not willing to travel these places may not get selected.So you should think twice before saying no to those questions.They will not ask straight forward questions related to it.They may ask which is your preferred location.Do you want to work near your hometown.
UJVNL exam interview
UJVNL will conduct interview for only Assistant Engineer post.The weightage of written test is 88% and that of interview is 12%.So candidates having good score in written test will have definite advantage over other candidates.Interview questions can be classified into couple of groups.
You will face technical questions and HR questions.Technical questions will be based on basics of your stream while HR questions will be based on your profile.You should know basics of your subject which will be used in your job profile.Chances of technical questions related to job profile are very high.
THe exam preparation material have Interview tips along with Interview questions.These documents will help you prepare well for interview.It will also help you in other interviews as well.
This is good opportunity to join UJVNL.The number of vacancies are decent.Many candidates do not feel comfortable with interview.For them it is great opportunity.The low weightage on interview for Assistant Engineer post and no interview for Junior engineer post helps them.
So you should prepare well for written test.Above resources will help you prepare for written test as well as interview.Consider sharing this post in case you found this useful.