UP power corporation assistant accountant exam dates
UP Power Corporation has come up with notification for recruitment of Assistant Accountant post in year 2016. The number of vacancies are also good.The number of vacancies are around 250 (General and Reserved categories combined). You will have to apply for this exam online.Important dates related to this recruitment are
- Online application can be made between 7th Oct 16 to 28th Oct 16
- Online payment of fees can be made between 7th Oct 16 to 28th Oct 16
- Admit card can be downloaded from 8th Nov 16
- Written test will be on 20th Nov 16
The application fees is 900 INR for General and OBC Creamy layer candidates.For reserved candidates the application fees is 600 INR. Application fees is 10 INR for handicapped candidates with more than 40% handicap.The application fees is non refundable.
UP power corporation assistant accountant eligibility criteria
You should be graduate in Commerce to apply for this post.The graduation should be full time.
The upper and lower age limit for General candidates are 21 years and 40 years.The upper age limit is relaxed for reserved candidates but there age should not be more than 55 years.
If you have more than one alive spouse (husband or wife) then you are not eligible for the post.
Candidates will have to submit two character certificates. You can read this post of mine on Character certificate format and also from whom to get character certificate.
UP power corporation assistant accountant selection format
The selection format will have written test.The written test will have two parts.The first part will have 50 questions and second part will have 150 questions.The first paper will have questions of level of DOEACC O level.All questions will be from Computer knowledge.There will be negative marking as well.
You will have to score more than 50% marks in first paper.So preparing well for first paper is very important.If you do not score more than 50% then you will not be considered for second paper.The second paper will be of 150 marks.The syllabus of second paper will be
- General English and General Hindi
- Accountancy,Auditing and Income tax of Graduation standard
The different topics of Accountancy which will be asked in exams are
- Trading and Profit & Loss Accounts and Balance sheet
- Bills of exchange
- Self balancing ledger and sectional balancing
- Capital and Revenue, Receipts and Payments, Income and Expenditure accounts
- Depreciation,Reserve and Provisions
- Branch and Departmental accounts
- Double Accounts system
- Bank reconciliation statement
- Rectification of errors
- Balance sheet formats and classifications
The different topics that will be asked from Auditing and Income tax are
- Object of Audit
- Vouching and Verification
- Rights, Duties and Liabilities of Auditors
- Income tax, provisions pertaining to income from salary and provisions related to chapter VI of Income Tax Act 1961.
- Provision relating to TDS and forms to be filed with Income tax department
There will be negative marking in second paper as well.The marks of second paper will be used to create merit list.The marks of first paper will not be used.There will not be any interview after written test.The document verification will be done post written test and candidates will be recruited based on merit list.
UP power corporation assistant accountant materials
You can use below materials to prepare for this exams.Make sure you focus more on Computer knowledge as passing in first paper is mandatory.
All the online tests are free of cost.You can take the online tests from below links.
- Computer Knowledge online test
- Quantitative Aptitude online test
- Reasoning online test
- English online test
The Android Apps are free to install.They are best tool to help you prepare for these exams.You can get list of all Android Apps and install the ones which are important for this exam. (Click here for Android Apps)
Along with above online materials you can also download below preparation material in PDF form.
UP power corporation assistant accountant video
This is good opportunity for Commerce Graduate to get State Government job.The pay scale of the post is also good.The pay scale for the post is 5200 INR to 20200 INR with Grade pay of 3000 INR.There will be other perks as well.
Feel free to share your thoughts and questions.Consider sharing this post in case you found it useful.