WBSEDCL Office Executive exam 2017 complete guide
WBSEDCL Office Executive Vacancy details 2017
WBSEDCL (West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Limited) has come up with notification for recruiting office executive notification no.MPP/2017/04 .Initially WBSEB (West Bengal State Electricity Board) was formed in the Year may 1955 and thereafter it was dissolved in the year 2007.It was thereafter restructured and split into two wing –West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company limited (WBSEDCL) and West Bengal State Electricity Transmission Company Limited (WBSETCL).
WBSEDCL is engaged in business distribution and hydro generation of electricity .It is a Government organization, owned and managed by Government of West Bengal. It has come up with vacancy notification, it is therefore a golden opportunity for candidates aspiring for Government jobs, specially within West Bengal. Over the year the organization has developed itself as one of the pioneer in the field of Power distribution and bagged several awards & accolades, thus the organization promises to offer good career opportunity.
WBSEDCL has come up with total vacancy of 247, out of which the seats are divided among different category of aspirants –
- OBC A-24 (non creamy Layer )
- OBC B-17(Creamy layer)
- EXSM- 13 (EX servicemen)
WBSEDCL Office Executive Eligibility criteria 2017
Education Qualification required for applying for the vacancy
Candidates must possess graduation in any discipline with 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized university or graduation in any discipline with 50% marks in HS (Higher secondary) level and must have passed certificate courses/ any other courses on computer from the institutes as notified by the organization.
If we say it in simple terms, the basic qualification required are – candidate must be a graduate with minimum 50% marks, in case if the graduation score is less than 50% then he/she should have scored at least 50% marks in Higher secondary examination. The candidate must possess computer knowledge and must produce valid documentary evidence (as desired by the organization) for the same.
Candidates are requested to go through the list of courses which the organization has approved for the said purpose.Further it is stated that a candidate is eligible for applying in the following cases as well.
a) If the candidate has passed class 12th in vocational stream from state council of vocational training, Government of West Bengal with any of the following combination :
I. Computer fundamentals and programming and computer assembly and maintenance
II. IT enabled services and computer fundamentals & programming
b) Candidates with BBA/BCA degree with either minimum 50% marks in Graduation/ HS can also apply.
c) Candidate with B.SC degree with Honours in Statistics or computer science with either minimum 50% in graduation or Higher secondary is also eligible.
d) Candidate who has done graduation in any stream but had at least one full paper on computer science/ computer application or I.T at graduation level with minimum 50% marks in graduation or Higher Secondary are also eligible i.e, suppose a candidate has done graduation in commerce but had one full marks paper of computer science/ I.T in his/her graduation is also eligible for applying for the post provide he/she had scored at least 50% marks in graduation /higher secondary.
e) Candidates who have passed graduation in any discipline but has done MCA with either 50% marks in graduation or H.S is also eligible. I.e., suppose a candidate has done B.A and scored 55% marks and subsequently did MCA, then the candidate will be eligible for the post.
Pay scale is Rs.6,300/- to Rs.20,200/- and grade pay is Rs.3,600/-.
WBSEDCL Office Executive things to remember
At the cost of repetition, it is once again advised to candidates to pay due attention to the eligibility criteria’s and ensure that whatever data they are entering in application can be substantiated with necessary documents, candidates are also advised to prepare a summary of their educational qualification and other criteria from their original documents and fill online forms after cross verifying the data, this is also relieve from unnecessary anxiety of committing mistakes).
Computer certificate course from any private institute or any other computer centre/institute not affiliated to West Bengal State Council of Technical Education or NIELIT ( formerly DOEACC society ,GOI/ will not be accepted. Candidates to ensure that their certificate is from such approved institutes, if they find any sort of confusion , they may get it clarified from their respective institutes by seeking necessary documents for the same.
Candidates those who are in the final year, who have appeared in the final examination/going to appear in the final examination, may also apply but they should submit their pass certificate at the time of interview, failing which they will stand ineligible for the post. I.e., if somebody has secured more than 50% marks in H.S, He/she is perusing graduation in any stream with one full paper of I.T and he / she is in final year now, then he/she is eligible to apply but it is to be ensured that at the time of interview pass certificate is to produced.
He/She has to decide upon the time gap between the receipt of pass certificate and tentative interview date and decide upon applying for the vacancy.
In addition to basic pay and grade pay, the candidates will be provided with DA,HRA, medical allowances, electricity allowance, hill compensatory allowance ( if posted in such areas), project allowance ( depends on place of posting),LTC/HTC,CPF,gratuity, benefits for indoor treatment in hospitals for self and dependent members, child care leave for female staffs and other benefits as per the guidelines of the organisation. The benefits are attractive.
Initially candidates selected for the post has under work under probationary period for a period upto 1 year from the date of appointment. The confirmation will be subject to favorable police verification report( organisation get the details of the candidate verified from nearest police station of the candidate viz whether any record related to the candidate exist etc), production of valid certificates as specified in the application of candidate and they have to also clear pre employment medical examination ( certain basic medical test will be done). Selected candidates will be posted in any of the location/plant etc of the organisation as per their discretion.
Local language knowledge
Knowledge of Bengali and Nepali language will be preferred.
Candidates are required to furnish a bond of Rs.1 lac for the post of office executive at the time joining and are required to serve the organization for minimum period of 4 years ( 1 year probationary and 3 years of confirmed service) from the date of joining.
I.e, in case any candidate who has joined the organization wishes to leave the job before completion of 4 years ( as mentioned above) is bound to pay to the company Rs.1.00 lacs as per the terms & conditions stipulated in the bond.
Minimum age is 18 years and maximum is 27 years as on 01.01.2017, however there are certain relaxation in age limit for OBC A( 3 years), OBC B( 5 years) SC & ST (5 years) candidates applying from West Bengal only.PWD candidates will have 10 years of relaxation ,Ex servicemen will get relaxation as per the guidelines of Govt. Of West Bengal.
Candidates to make a service note of the matter that relaxation in age for reserved category candidates (SC,ST,OBC) will be given only to candidates from the state of West Bengal, Candidates ( even though they belong to the reserved category but if they are from any other state , then they will be treated as unreserved candidate and will be treated at par with general category candidates and no relaxation will be given to them related to parameters like marks, age etc).
Application fees payment
- Application fees for the post of office executive( class III non tech) is Rs.300/-
- SC/ST/PWD and candidates under exempted category are not required to submit any fee.
- Fee is to be deposited in any of the branches of “United Bank of India” in a challan, which is to be downloaded from the official website of WBSEDCL.
- Candidates are required to take 3 copies of printout of the challan in A4 size paper and deposit the requisite amount of money at the cash counter of any branch of united bank of India.
- The bank will retain a copy and hand over remaining two copies to the candidate with the transaction no and Sol id (branch id) in the challan.
- Apart from Rs.300/-, the bank may charge some additional amount as their service charges.
- Candidates must retain their challan copy & copy of the company with them.
- Details of exempted category is not given in detail in the notification,the same was to be updated by the company.
- No other mode of application fee is applicable.
- The time period for payment of fee is 26.04.2017-16.05.2017.
WBSEDCL Office Executive Selection Process
Selection process includes three steps
- Written test
- Computer Proficiency Test
The entire selection process will be held in Kolkata only.
Written tests will comprise of –General Awareness/ Reasoning, Quantitative aptitude, English-Grammar& comprehension, data analysis & interpretation ,data sufficiency and compute awareness. For best preparation you may visit our following pages. Please read all the comments of below posts. Candidates from previous years have shared their experience and also questions.
for preparation for other sections please visit
We have also come up with several online test series for your better preparation .You can practice from the following
For you we have come up with mobile apps for preparation for individual section , which you can easily download and prepare anytime, anywhere , as per your convenience. We have brought to you best lot of preparation material in a single platform , you are advised to go through the same .
WBSEDCL Office executive written Test & Time slot
- Written Test ( objective test) for 100 marks
- Computer proficiency test – 20 marks
- Viva Voice -30 marks
- Total = 150 marks
- Duration of exam will be 2 hours.
The company has clearly stipulated the minimum qualifying marks for each category of students as under
General candidates -40%
OBC-A & OBC-B-35%
Kindly note that these percentage is minimum qualifying marks but it does not guarantee that securing it will make you qualify for the next stage of selection.The company has also come up with breakup marks of each & every sections of written test and computer proficiency test will be on MS office ( MS word ,MS Execl and power Point)
WBSEDCL Office Executive Application process tips
- Candidates have to apply online only – no other modes of application will be accepted ( at the career pages of WBSEDCL registration is to be done).
- Timing for application- 26.04.2017-16.05.2017 (11.59 PM)
- While registering themselves, candidates are advised to give correct E mail Id , all the vital details like – admit card, information about interview will be sent to the registered mail id given in the application. Utmost care must be taken while writing the registered mail id.
- It is advised to candidates to keep following papers/ information’s ready at the time of applying for the vacancy -1. Scanned photograph ( passport size),scanned signature, copy of challan (after making payment for the application form with SOL id & transaction ID in it).
- Any incomplete information will lead to rejection of application.
- There is a proper specification given for scanned photo & signature- candidates to ensure that they keep the photo & signature handy before applying.
- After completion of the application process, registration slip will be generated which is to be take safely kept by the candidate. For those who have paid challan fees, registration slip will generate after 2 days.
- Candidates to keep original counter foil of challan( WBSEDCL counterpart), original registration slip, photocopy of all documents self attested is to be produced at the time of computer Proficiency Test.
- Intimation regarding downloading admit card will be available in E mail/SMS, candidates to download the same from the portal of the company.
- Candidates who are presently employed in government organisation ,PSUs, autonomous body must produce NOC from their existing employee at the time of interview.
WBSEDCL Office Executive Interview
For interview please do prepare yourself well the details of the company, its main activity, main location, board of directors, performance figures, awards won etc. And also thoroughly go through your own profile and your domain area, remember interview is nothing but way of testing your prompt reply skills, questions are related to what you answer at first.
If you are well prepared with your resume you can easily win the confidence of the panel members. Do not bluff, do not exaggerate any facts & figures, be honest, confess things which you don’t know and be polite and gentle.You can also read below post for interview questions and experience of other candidates. Please read the comment sectin of the post.
WBSEDCL Office Executive Recommended book
I would recommend using IBPS Clerk book for WBSEDCL Office executive preparation. The standard of questions is same and the book will help in both exams. The materials shared above are more than enough if followed properly. But many candidates ask for books for them you can refer below book
Feel free to share you thoughts and questions below. I would try to answer them.
All the best aspirants !